05-18-2005 - Next Meeting Scheduled – June 2, 2005/Last Meeting News When: Thursday, June 2, 2005 at 6:30 P.M.
Where: Diamond Jack's Restaurant, 3609 East 51st Street
(east of Harvard, north side of 51st Street)
We gathered together for a committee meeting held at Diamond Jack’s on May 10th at 6:30.
Those present were Jack Wimbish, Ben and Kathy Bentley Gorrell, Marian Eskridge Sexton, Ginny Dunn Furr, Archie Harrison, Bruce O’Connor, Lady Rich Brown, Jane Dickey Johnson, DeeAnne Potter Short, Gail Rippy Campbell, and Melinda McLane.
Jane Dickey Johnson gave us an overview of the current schedule for the reunion weekend, September 2-3, 2005:
• Friday check in at 5:00 P.M. DJ playing music outside.
• Barbeque with hamburgers and hot dogs and the trimmings.
• A “Name that Tune” contest will be set up by Archie Harrison.
• Possibility of offering breakfast Sat. morning to those that want it.
• The Lunch, tour and Assembly at Edison is scheduled from 11 A.M. – 2 P.M. Lunch will be in the Edison cafeteria with the great, traditional Bean Chowder and cinnamon rolls!
• The OKC alumnae have volunteered to chair the Saturday afternoon assembly.
• The Richard Cox jazz band is being considered to play for the assembly – yes, Mr. Cox is still actively conducting here in Tulsa.
• The festivities will continue Saturday evening with a Banquet dinner and DJ.
Gail Rippy Campbell, our classmate/current Edison teacher, was thanked for all she had done to help coordinate the Edison tour and lunch event. She will get a list of teacher alums to send invitations.
Ben Gorrell agreed to put together a digital slide show & video from the last reunion in 1990.
Marian Eskridge Sexton reported on the “found” list and the “not found” list and provided copies for the committee. Everyone was asked to help find the lost. It was discussed to go ahead and put out an official mailing for the reunion with a return envelope to pull in reservations. Kathy Bentley Gorrell and Ginny Dunn Furr agreed to do the mailing, with Marian running address labels.
Jack Wimbish reported on the reservation count. There are approximately 36 reservations in. We discussed the need for a mailing to pull in reservations.
Kathy discussed the room possibilities: Post Oak Lodge will honor $78.00 per room plus 7.5% tax. The Downtown Doubletree will charge $ 72.00 per room plus a 15% tax for 10 rooms or more. Under 10 rooms, the charge will be $79.00 - $99.00 per room.
The group talked a little about decorations with DeeAnne directing. She will come up with some definite ideas in keeping with the theme “A Weekend at Camp Eagle.” DeeAnne also had some ideas for the design of the tumblers.
The next Committee Meeting will be on June 2nd at 6:30 at Diamond Jacks on 51st St. The goal of the next meeting will be: (1) to set a budget; (2) report on the details of meeting with Kelly Jo at Post Oak; (3) to select Sat. evening meal (Jim Barnes); (4) Set down some decorating ideas; (5) Figure out how to locate more of our lost.